For some reason, I think of Nancy Steen as being very similar to the English roses, bred by David Austin. It has
the sameold fashioned look to the blooms, with wonderful fragrance.
I just can't find a bad word to say about this rose. Lovely subtle hues of coral to salmon pink,fading to white,
disease resistance, and a lovely perfume.
Notice in the pictures the variation between blooms? Absolutely lovely!
If you are looking for a pale blush pink rose, then Nancy Steen is hard to beat.
- Class: Floribunda / Cluster Flowered, Shrub, Modern.
- Availability: Commercially available
- Origin: Bred in New Zealand (1976) by G.C. Sherwood.
- Bloom: Pink blend, lighter center blooms. Strong fragrance. 30 petals. Large, double (17-25 petals) bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season.
- Habit: Height of 30" to 5' (75 to 150 cm). Width of 24". (60 cm).
- Growing: Zone 6 and higher.
- Parentage:Seed: Pink Parfait Pollen: Ophelia x Parkdirektor Riggers
Pink Rose Gallery
Click any image to view fullsize. Or click any link below the image to read more about that rose.