How to Draw a Rose
Besides having a bouquet, wouldn't it also be nice to know how to draw a rose? You don't have to be an unbelievable artist to do it either. There's a bunch of different ways to do it. Here's some easy step by step instructions:
1. Draw a thin curvy line, this will be the stem.
2. Draw a petal for the rose, using a long arc and a slightly wavy line underneath.
3. Draw a second petal above that, more upright but with some curves on the outside.
4. Draw a spiral design between the two petals. Some instructions will have you create the spiral as a first step, but its really just a personal preference.
5. Draw two lines down from the spiral to "connect" it to the petals. This adds depth and looks like there are multiple petals.
6. Draw another curvy line above the spiral to add to the depth and the look of more petals.
7. Add a slight wavy line to the first petal you drew. This can give the illusion of folding.
8. Add some leaf branches to your stem.
9. Add two curvy lines to each leaf line to complete the leaf.
10. Add another line to the stem line to give it some thickness.
11. Add some thorns and you are all set!
|Copyright© 2006-2015. All rights Reserved. Love-Of-Roses.com|